Today I wanted to do something a little different than what I had been doing. I took some time to prepare a list of my all time favorite *contemporary* Christian songs. This is just a small portion of my playlist on my phone entitled “Jesus Jams.” I hope you all enjoy!
- “Gone” by Elevation Worship; This is probably one of my all time favorite songs. It just speaks to truth that we can rejoice in the fact that our sins are washed away and Jesus defeated death. The opening portion of the song is so catchy and will get stuck in your head.
- “If We’re Honest” by Francesca Battistelli; This song is one that my Operation Barnabas team had the honor to do a pantomime with. If you are struggling with any sin in your life, this song is so powerful. It speaks to how even though truth is harder than a lie, it’s always better to be honest.
- “You Say” and “Rescue” by Lauren Daigle; What I love about these two songs is that they are so comforting. The lyrics in “You Say” are just so reassuring to listeners because whenever we try to tear ourselves down, God always comes back with an encouraging message. “Rescue” is such a powerful song about resting in the comfort that God has got you. Much like “Reckless Love,” God would send out an army and search to find you.
- “My God is Risen” by Jordan Howerton Band; Jordan Howerton Band has been my favorite Christian group since forever. This song definitely has a rock and roll vibe, so if you’re into rock and roll you’ll appreciate this song. The lyrics to this song just discuss what we were like before we met Jesus and then the sacrifice he made for us.
- “Open up the Heavens” by Vertical Worship; Released in 2012, “Open up the Heavens” has been a classic. I just recently came around to this song and I forgot how great it was. This song declares that we want to see Jesus and for him to open up Heaven.
If you are the kind of person that just has the TV on for background noise, (if you have DirecTV) turn your TV on to channel 826. It’s the Contemporary Christian channel. It’s mostly like Pandora and Spotify but with no ads. I love all of the music they play on that station.
A Daughter of Grace, Brylee